Updated As New Event Information Becomes Available–Bookmark This Page and Check Back
- OCTOBER 18 – Pumpkin Crafts at Darien Library 4:00 pm. Ages 3+ are invited to stop by the library to make a pumpkin theme craft (no reservations required; drop in).
- OCTOBER 21 – Spooky Sing Along at Darien Library 10:30 am. Preschoolers will love to dress at their favorite characters and join the Children’s Library to sing spooky Halloween songs. (no reservations required; drop in).
- OCTOBER 22 & 29 – Make a Monster at the Darien Arts Center — 2:00-4:00pm. This 2-day workshop for kids ages 8 to 12 gives participants a chance to design a pattern from imagination and use new sewing skills to bring their creature to life. To register, click here.
- OCTOBER 23 – Rowayton Civic Association Halloween Celebration– 1pm-4pm. Swing by the Rowayton Community Center from 1 – 4 pm to explore the hay maze, pet the animals, take a pony ride, go on parade, and test your courage in the Haunted House.
- OCTOBER 23 – Pumpkin Decorating Workshop – 2pm. Head to Nielsen’s for a fun pumpkin decorating workshop. Advanced reservations required by calling call 203-655-2541 or emailing email@example.com. $20 per child.
- OCTOBER 26 & 27 – Pumpkin Decorating at the Darien Nature Center— 3:30-5:00pm. Ages 2-4 can attend with an adult and ages 5+ can be dropped off. Use paint and other natural materials to decorate pumpkins for the season, leave pumpkins to be displayed at the Nature Center for all to enjoy at the Hoot and Howl! (This event sold out last year so be sure to reserve your spot in advance by clicking here.)
- OCTOBER 27 – Scary Stories to Chill Your Bones –
Tilley Pond Park– 6pm. Kids 8+ are invited to hear their favorite folks from the Darien Library tell spooky stories as the sun goes down.**This event has been moved to Darien Library because of the weather**
- OCTOBER 28 – Downtown Darien Halloween Parade & Amazing Andy Magic Show — begins at 10am. Hosted by the Mom’s Morning In group at the DCA. Costumed little ones and their caregivers meet at the parking lot next to the Darien Fire Station opposite Post Corner Pizza, proceed to trick-or-treat at various local merchant shops along the way to Tilley Pond Park, where they can then enjoy refreshments and a magic show by area favorite Amazing Andy. $5 per child.
- OCTOBER 28 – Darien YMCA’s Community Halloween Party – 6:30pm-8:00pm. Goofy goblins, silly spiders, & wacky witches will be attending the Y’s frighteningly fun Community Halloween party! Games, bounce house & more 6:30-8pm, everyone welcome. Free.
- OCTOBER 30 – Rowayton Library Monster Dash – 8:15 am. This 5K and 1 mile run walk is a great way to work up an appetite for all that Halloween candy to come! All kids age 9 and under participate for free.
- OCTOBER 30 – Post 53 Haunted House – 2:00 pm – 4pm. This annual event includes games, ambulance tours, treats (no tricks!), and a haunted house. Free admission.
- OCTOBER 30 – Trunk-or-Treat at the Noroton Presbyterian Church parking lot- 3:00pm. Open to the entire community! Come in costume with costumed kids and lots of candy to park and decorate your car, greet and/or trick-or-treat in and among other parked cars. A very special experience of community, fun and fellowship. Please keep in mind that if you drive in and park, you might not be able to easily leave before dark/ the trunk-or-treating is over!
- OCTOBER 30 – Darien Nature Center Hoot and Howl – 4pm-6pm. This non-scary event at the Nature Center includes hay rides, crafts, face painting, a magic show, and–our favorite–s’mores. To register, click here.
- OCTOBER 30 – St. John Parish Haunted House – 6pm-8pm. This free event can be made non-scary for more timid attendees upon request.
- OCTOBER 31 – Halloween Storytime at Darien Library 10:00 am. Kids can wear their costumes and join the children’s librarians for a special storytime (no reservations required; drop in).
Do you have an event in Darien that you’d like to let us know about? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.