1. 3rd Annual Friends of Tilley Pond 5K Run/Walk–Kicks off at Tilley Pond at 8 am on Thanksgiving morning. All runners and walkers of all abilities are welcome. Free; no registration required.
2. Rowayton Turkey Trot–This race offers both 5K and 1-mile routes and kicks off at 9:30 am on Thanksgiving morning (in-person registration begins at 8:30 am). Both courses are $30 for adults, $10 for kids ages 9-17, and free for kids 8 and under (proceeds benefit the Rowayton Historical Society, the Rowayton Arts Center, and the Rowayton Gardeners Club).
3. The 14th Annual Shippan Turkey Trot–If you’ve been dying to run in a turkey costume, this is the race for you! Costumes are encouraged in this event which begins at 280 Ocean Drive East (between Shippan and Fairview) at 9:30 am (the race itself begins at 10). The course is 2.41 miles. In lieu of registration fees, donations of canned goods, cash, or checks are recommended (proceeds benefit the Shelter for the Homeless in Stamford).
4. 4th Annual Stamford Turkey Trot–This race begins at Commons Park, off Washington Boulevard in Stamford at 8:30 am (day of registration opens at 7:30). Participation is free, but donations of non-perishable food items and well as new hats and mittens are requested. Pre-registration is available by clicking here.
5. If you’re looking to burn off that Thanksgiving feast after the fact, on Saturday, November 29th, the Greenwich Alliance’s Turkey Trot offers both a 5K and a 1 mile fun run/walk, and the New Canaan Nature Center features a Thanksgiving Waddle, a free event that includes guided hikes at 10:30 am, 11:30 am, and 1 pm, as well as other self-guided activities including scavenger hunts and letterboxing!