1) Pricing for 2015 Darien beach permits is as follows:
|TYPE OF PERMIT||COST OF PERMIT|
|Senior Resident||Free (1 per family)|
*To qualify for a resident permit, the car must be registered in Darien. If the car is owned by a Darien resident and registered in a town other than Darien, the cost is $75 for the car.
2) Beach/park permit and boat launch stickers are required from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day at Pear Tree Beach, and mid-April through early October at Weed Beach (or when gatehouses are staffed).
3) Last summer’s stickers are valid through 5/31/15.
4) Daily parking passes for non-permit holders are available for $40/day and may be purchased at the gatehouse at either beach.
5) Residents may purchase ONE permit per registered vehicle, up to 3 per househould.
6) Permits are availbe for purchase ONLINE, here, with the exception of the following who must purchase them in person or by mail:
- Senior citizens free permit (1 free permit/family)
- Volunteer fireman & Post 53 free permit (1 free permit/family)
- Residents whose vehicles were registered in Darien after October 1st, 2013
- Residents whose vehicles are not registered in Darien
- Darien taxpayer residing out of town
If you haven’t bought them online in the past, you will need to call the Parks & Recreation department at 203 656-7325 and ask for your “Client barcode number” and “Family pin number.” It will take 5 minutes, and then you’re good to go. You can pay via Visa or Mastercard only. Expect the permits to take 3-5 business days to arrive.
7) You may also purchase your permits in-person at the Darien Town Hall, Parks and Recreation Office, Room 110. ** In addition to filling out the application (printable here), you must present a copy of the Vehicle Registration Card for EACH beach pass you wish to purchase. It does not need to be the actual registration card, it can be a xerox copy, but make sure you have one for each vehicle and pass you plan to purchase.
8) A SEPARATE boat launch permit is required for those wishing to use the launch at Pear Tree Point Beach. The 2014 season boat launch permit costs $45; the daily permit costs $65.
Did you know that children are not allowed to bring inflatable tubes or floats of any kind into the water at the beach, including scuba equipment like face masks and swimming fins, the sole exception being Coast Guard approved life flotation jackets? Might be useful to brush up on this, and other Rules & Regulations about Darien Parks and Beaches here.