Did you know that Darien public schools are closed to students on Monday, October 13th for staff development? If you need a plan to keep the kiddos entertained, here are the options we’re exploring:
1) Vacation Camp at the Darien YMCA is a wonderful thing for kids from age 3 through Grade 5. Kids will get to swim, do arts and crafts, play games, and spend some time in the gym. Pre-schoolers have a half-day option (9 am – 1 pm) or can stay all day with the big kids (9am – 4 pm) and there are extended care options available both before and after. Older kids (grades K-5) will be taking a field trip to the Fun 4 Kids arcade in Stamford (a huge selling pooint for kids who are “too cool” for vacation camp). The half-day is $60 per day for members ($70 for non-members) and the full day is $80 for members ($90 for non-members).
2) Kids U in Stamford has vacation camp for kids ages 3-9 in the afternoon from 1-4. It is $50 for the first child and $45 for each additional sibling.
3) Pump It Up in Norwalk has open jump sessions throughout the day that are $12 per child and adults are always free. (Note: this is not a drop off camp.)
4) Chelsea Piers has a special schedule of drop in activities (although no drop off camp) throughout the day, including the Splash Zone (but be sure to make those Splash Zone reservations early).
5) Hands on Pottery is hosting a Halloween candy bowl workshop for kids in grade 2 and up on Monday from 3 – 5 pm ($30 per participant).
6) The Bubbleology show is appearing at Darien Library from 3- 4 pm on Monday. Ideal for kids in kindergarten and up, this show explains and entertains with the science of bubbles. (This is a drop in event for which tickets are distributed 15 minutes prior to show time, but often the line forms well before that so be sure to get there early!)
Enjoy the day!