Information Resources and Official Updates During a Weather or Other Community Emergency
The town has a community notification system for emergency notifications to its residents and businesses. This system has the capability to notify the community using a single recorded message to target an area of the town, or if necessary, the entire community. This system is built using commercially available phone numbers. It does not include unlisted, voice over internet phone numbers, and mobile cellular phone numbers. If you would like to submit your contact information directly into the system, please click on the link “Click here to register for Code Red notifications” or to learn more about the system.
The Darien Police Department strongly suggests to submit your home phone and your cell phone number to be used as contact numbers for area emergencies. This system will contact both numbers simultaneously. Click on the link above to submit the numbers and please update this information annually.
- Darien Office of Emergency Management (includes links to storm preparedness and safety guides)
- Whenever possible, AllAboutDarien.com will post a live feed of tweets from these (Darien Times, Darien Patch, NewsChannel 12.) and other local media, community and government organizations on our homepage. To contribute information to the Storm Tweets feed, please tag your tweet with #STORMTWEETSDARIEN.
- National Weather Service Website
- EverSource Power Storm Updates
- Red Cross, Darien
- Darien Road Closures (VERY useful in the case of flooding and other weather and construction-related issues)
- NON-EMERGENCY Darien Police Station Phone Number: (203) 662-5300.
- EMERGENCY MESSAGE LINE — 203-656-7472 ** This line is ONLY utilized during major emergencies
- To report a power outage or downed power line, call: 800-286-2000
- State Heat Emergency Health Line: 1-800-830-9426