A very heartfelt thanks to our friend and AllAboutDarien.com supporter Jen St. Jean for her contribution to this post! Check out her adorable Itty Bitty Bags collection.
The good news is that most restaurants in the area offer some form of dietary accomodation or gluten-free menu item … but we think it is handy to have a list of those that we know do, especially for newcomers.
Please feel free to add to this list in the Comments section below!
- Although many local pizzarias offer gluten-free crust options, we know for a fact that Post Corner Pizza bakes their gluten-free pizzas on a separate metal dish, eliminating any chance of contamination. And they deliver!
- Bodega’s soft tacos are made of corn, which is authentically gluten-free.
- Palmwich serves all sandwiches in a gluten-free bread – and you don’t even have to get out of the car for them!
- Meatball & Co offers gluten-free meatballs, and many of their side dishes are also gluten-free.
- Lobster Craft offers lobster salad “on the grass,” i.e. on lettuce instead of bread.
- Whole Foods (obviously!) offers a variety of gluten-free items in their takeout buffets and cafe.