The Town of Darien begins their 2014 Christmas tree pickup promptly on January 2nd, 2015. Here are some important things to know about tree pickup requirements and regulations, in addition to the pick-up schedule:
- Christmas Trees must be at the curb by the first morning of the scheduled pick-up period. Once collection is complete, trucks will not return until the next scheduled pick-up period for your area.
- Christmas Tree pick-up is conducted on public streets only.
- The schedule has been rotated from last year.
- Public Works does not have more specific times of pick-up.
- In the event of significant snow accumulation the program may be delayed, please be patient.
- Christmas wreathes, brush, grass clippings, garbage or other materials with not be collected.
- Christmas Trees with bags, netting, stands, or lights will not be collected.
- Residents with valid RDA stickers may still bring Christmas Trees to the dump.
- Collection is on weekdays only.
10. The 2015 pickup schedule is below, and can also be viewed here.
For help assessing which Area best describes your location, here is a town map from the Town of Darien website.
1/14/15 thru 1/15/15 & 1/29/15 thru 1/30/15
(Area 1) North of RR Tracks and West of Hollow Tree Ridge Rd including Hollow Tree Ridge Rd.
1/2/15 thru 1/5/15 & 1/16/15 thru 1/20/15
(Area 2) North of RR Tracks and East of Hollow Tree Ridge Rd to and including Mansfield Ave.
1/6/15 thru 1/7/15 & 1/21/15 thru 1/22/15
(Area 3) North of RR Tracks and East of Mansfield Ave.
1/8/15 thru 1/9/15 & 1/23/15 thru 1/26/15
(Area 4) South of the Railroad Tracks and North of and including the Post Road.
1/12/15 thru 1/13/15 & 1/27/15 thru 1/28/15
(Area 5) South of the Railroad Tracks and South of the Post Road.