Like most of you, we are eagerly anticipating the end of this election season. If you are planning to cast a ballot, you can check your voter registration status by clicking here. If you still need to register, the deadline to register online is Tuesday, November 1st (it’s an easy peasy process–just be sure to have your driver’s license handy). If you’d like to register in person, you can do that until election day, November 8th, in person at the Registrar of Voters in Town Hall.
Remember that Darien Public Schools are NOT IN SESSION on election day (and our vacation camp mainstay, the Darien YMCA, does not offer a camp for this date). If you need something for your kids to do:
- Overtime Athletics offers a one-day camp at SoNo Field House for kids in kindergarten through grade 7. This camp runs from 9 am to 4:30 pm and includes all manner of sports in the incredible SoNo Field House facility. At $45 per child, it’s also very affordable.
- Chelsea Piers offers Sports Academy Camp for kids 5-12 years old. It runs from 8:45 am to 3:45 pm (with an after care option also available).
If you don’t need childcare for the day but instead are looking for ways to keep busy all together, there are some great programs nearby:
- From 1-3pm, New Canaan Nature Center is offering a FREE Awesome Autumn Day, that includes fields games and activities and even a pumpkin slingshot.
- From 11am-3pm the Stamford Nature Center has their annual Election on the Farm program which allows kids to vote for their favorite farm animal. There are self-guided crafts, a scavenger hunt, and a local ice cream tasting from 2:30 to 3 pm (all activities included with admission).
- From 4:00-4:45, Darien Library is offering a drop in program for kids in grades K-2. In Little Dragon’s Digestive System, the Liberty Science Center will take a journey through the digestive system with Sam the dragon. A few lucky kids will be able to climb into the dragon’s mouth and go through his digestive system!
- Also, parking passes are no longer required at Tod’s Point and Compo Beach, and those are lovely spots to take in this unseasonably warm (but delightful!) weather.
- Finally, Leaf Pickup has begun so you can send those kids who are SOOOOOOOOO BORED out to the yard with some rakes (or better yet, send them to my house!)