Whether it’s a particularly bumpy stretch of road, a street light not working, residential sidewalks not shovelled, a nearby construction project that you feel is creating excessive noise, a safety concern regarding a playground, a net on a tennis court in need of repair, a neighbor’s home whose lights haven’t been on for an extended period of time, or simply a request for an enhancement to any of our public facilities, if there’s a concern you have or something you want to say about our town and/or community, there’s a convenient way to do so: via the online Citizen Service Request form on the Town of Darien website.
Some additional examples of Citizen Requests include issues related to:
- Darien beaches and parks (animals/pests, boat launch, buildings/structures, fences, paddle/tennis courts, lighting, personel, permits, play equiptment, picnic areas, refuse/litter, roads/walks, signs, trees, vandalism, etc)
- Fire complaints (blasting, fire code violations, fireworks, overcrowding, etc)
- Public health (complaints, general information)
- Planning & Zoning issues (boat or junk vehicle on property, potentially abandoned or unkempt property, time of construction work, etc)
- Public Works (damaged mailbox, dead animal, safety hazards, sidewalks, signs & signals, parking, refuse and debris pickup/removal, road drainage/sewers, pavement, potholes, etc)
- Railroad stations
- Recreational programs/services (activities, personnel, facilities)
- Social Services
You can also call the Town Hall directly: here is a list of key town officials and their phone numbers.
Either way, please make sure to say something if you see something – or would like to see more or less of something – to help keep Darien awesome!