One of our favorite summer rituals, the summer concert series at Weed Beach, kicks off tonight at 6:30 (weather permitting), and we can’t wait!
Generally, the kids are happiest with dinner and ice cream from Uncle’s right there at the beach, but every now and then we like to mix it up with something beyond hot dogs and fries. Here are some of our favorite options:
- Heights Pizza will deliver to the beach. Just make sure to give your cell phone number and as specific a drop off location at possible. Try the Ortolana Pizza (also known simply as “salad pizza”) for a perfect summer meal.
- Browne & Co makes excellent soups, salads, and sandwiches (pre-made so that you can grab and go). We’re a little obsessed with the endive, pear, and brie on raisin bread.
- Palmer’s–The Gourmet-to-Go section at Palmer’s can’t be beat. They have kids’ favorites like chicken tenders and spaghetti and meatballs, but also some terrific salads (don’t miss the Mexican chopped salad) and sandwiches (truffled filet mignon with arugula!)
- Chipotle–Burritos at the beach. Need we say more?
- Palmwich–We’re super excited about this “real food drive thru” that just opened on the Post Road (we haven’t been yet, but love this awesome review in the Darien News). Delicious sandwiches like Sonoma chicken and beef with broccoli, as well as soups, salads, and sides, are packaged so they’re easy to eat on the run. Ideal for the beach!
- SoNo Baking Company–Opening on August 26th so we’re not sure exactly what their menu will offer, but if their SoNo and Westport menus are any indication, they’ll offer terrific salads and sandwiches as well as savory pastries (the tomato tart is divine!).
- LobsterCraft–We were so excited to welcome LobsterCraft to Tokeneke Road earlier this summer. They have all the same great offerings we know from their food truck in one, permanent location. Parking can be a little tricky, but if you call your order in before hand (203-655-5400), they’ll have it waiting for easy pick up.