Updated October 2015
My kids both have cold-triggered asthma so we’re diligent about flu shots. They got their flu shots at the pediatrician, but where can I get mine?
- Department of Health–Flu shots are available every Tuesday, from 9am-noon. Use the online scheduler to make an appointment. Also, nurses will be on hand for the Health Fair at the Mather Senior Center on Wednesday, October 21st, from 2:30-6:30 pm. Shots are $30–cash or check only.
- Darien YMCA–The Y is offering the flu shot to adults and children (over 36 months old) at two clinics: Friday, October 23rd from 9 a.m. to noon and Saturday, November 21st from 9 a.m. to noon. No appointment required. Cost is $42 for a regular dose, and $62 for a high-dose, many, but not all, types of insurance are accepted.
- Vote-N-Vax–Get your flu shot when you vote on November 3rd. Nurses will be be giving shots in the Town Hall Auditorium from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- Walgreens–The Heights Road location will administer flu shots to those age 18 and older. Walk-ins accepted.
- CVS–Also administers flu shots to those 18 and up (CVS locations with “Minute Clinics” co-located in the store can administer shots to children age 5 and up. The closest locations are in Riverside and Ridgefield). You can book an appointment on the online scheduler or just walk in.
Close to Darien:
- Tully Center in Stamford, which offers frequent flu shot clinics (no appointment required). They offer the regular quadrivalent vaccine ($40), the high potency vaccine ($50), and the FluMist ($40).
- Firefly Pediatrics–Flumist and flu shots are available for children age 5 and over (no appointment required, but you may want to call ahead to get a sense of wait time).
- Costco–Flu shots available to those age 18 and up.